Classical Chinese Medicine
Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Research and Dissertation Development
Western Basic & Clinical Sciences
DEPARTMENT OF AYURVEDIC MEDICINE
PARLA JAYAGOPAL, B.A.M.S.
Chair, Department of Ayurvedic Medicine
Ayurvedic Medicine (Chair Person)
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.), Bangalore University (Ayu) in Ayurvedic Herbology, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences., Masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Southern California University of Health Sciences., YTTC, Yoga Teacher’s Training, Atma Darshan, Bihar School of Yoga. Physician, Indus Valley Ayurvedic Center, Mysore Instructor, Ramakrishna Ayurvedic Medical College, Bangalore
Practitioner, Athreya Ayurvedic Care, Bangalore Educator, GATAE Center, Germany Clinical experience: Indus Valley Ayurvedic Centre, Mysore Athreya Ayurvedic Care in Bangalore.
* These "MD" degrees were earned in countries other than the United States. While holders of these MD degrees appropriately earned them through the educational systems of their respective countries, they are NOT licensed to practice medicine in the United States as a physician or surgeon, and they have NOT been determined by the medical board to be equivalent degrees to those obtained within the United States. The degrees are stated as such to indicate their past education and earned degrees as their credentials for teaching in our program only and should not be imputed to have any licensure to practice medicine in the United States. To determine whether someone is licensed to practice medicine in the United States, please contact the medical board of the State in which you are interested.
DEPARTMENT OF CLASSICAL CHINESE MEDICINE
SHEILA GEORGE M.D.
Classical Chinese MedicineEducational Background and Degrees Granted:BA, Biology, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, 1976.M.D., Howard University School of Medicine, 1984.Montefiore-Vallentine Lane Clinic, Yonkers, NY, Acupuncture Physician in Acupuncture Clinic.Preceptor of Family Medicine Interns, Montefiore Medical Center, 1987-1988.Residency in Family Practice, Montefiore Medical Center, New York, 1984-1987.Fellowship in Urban Family Practice, Montefiore Medical Center, New York, 1987-1988.Traditional Chinese Medical Pharmacology and Prescriptions with Ted Kaptchuk, 2-year Course.Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, New York, NY, 3-year Program in Acupuncture .Internship in acupuncture, Zhe-Ziang Institute, Hangzhou, People's Republic of China, 1988.Workshops with Jeffrey Yuen, Tai Qi Institute, 1991 - present.Coursework in Research Design, Data Mangement, and Data Analysis, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, 1988.Licensure: M.D., State of New York.Fields of Specialization:Family Medicine, Acupuncture, Herbology, Classical Chinese Medicine.Physican, Acupuncturist, Urban Family Health, N.Y., Clinician of Family Medicine & Acupuncture, 1989-1994.Academic Dean, Swedish Institute of Health Sciences, New York, NY, 1996-1999.Co-curriculum Developer for Master's level program in Acupuncture, Swedish Institute of Health Sciences, New York, NY, 1994-1995.Board Member, Health Education AIDS Liaison, New York, New York, 1990-1995.Board Member, Institutional Review Committee of the Community Health Care Network, New York, NY, 1994-present.Board Member, New York State Acupuncture Board, 1996 - present.
DEPARTMENT OF WESTERN BASIC & CLINICAL SCIENCES
Chair, Western Clinical Sciences
VLADIMIR BOKARIUS M.D., PH.D., L.AC.
Western Basic & Clinical Sciences (Chair Person)
Education & Training:
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Fellowship
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Residency
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Internship
Other Medical School
Kuban State Medical University Medical School
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Chief Residency
Samra University of Oriental Medicine Other Training
Certifications & Licensure
CA State Medical License 2003 - 2019
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
American Board of Pain Medicine Pain Medicine
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
R. SAM TIV PH.D.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- Founded Nature of Truth Institute in Cambodia
- Relationship & Life Coach
- Leadership Trainer & Consultant
DEPARTMENT OF RESEARCH AND DISSERTATION DEVELOPMENT
SHUI-YIN LO, PHD
Research and Dissertation Development
- Founder, Director at Quantum Health Research Institute.
- PhD in Physics - The University of Chicago.
- Bachelor of Science in Physics - University of Illinois.